Wednesday 13 March 2013

THE WANT: HERRINGBONE FLOORS

(via inquemode)

Oh how bad would I love the ugly parquet of our apartment be replaced by herringbone or chevron floors.

Let me count the ways...


Herringbone-Floor.jpg
1.

French-wood-floor.jpg
2.

Chevron-Pattern-Flooring.jpg
3.

Chevron-Wood-Floor.jpg
 4.

Herringbone-Wood-Floor.jpg
 5.

Chevron-Wood-Flooring.jpg
6.

These floors always remind me of a beautiful house I lived in in France for a short while. These patterns add so much more interest, rock and balls to your floors than your traditional straight and narrow flooring pattern. 

I think this look is best achieved when it has that rougher, rawer more rustic feel and so I think using less expensive, lower quality flooring would actually work in your favour. And I believe shorter floorboards are actually less expensive too, non?

Win win. 

                          Chevron             Herringbone


Also, though this post is titled "Herringbone Floors", some of the above pictures also feature "chevron" patterned floors. Above is a diagram for you to figure out which are which.

Good luck.

bZd



No comments:

Post a Comment