Sunday 24 November 2013

THE WANT: WOOL BLANKETS

With the bitter cold setting in fast, I've been hopelessly wrapping myself in whatever I can find around the house in a losing battle against the draughty windows of our ghetto apartment building. 

Luckily, I have recently spotted the remedy to my dilemma that will inject this place with a much-need dose of style goddammit

Relish in the following and tell me you wouldn't want to get cozy with any of these: 

Striped-Wool-Blankets.jpg
 via

Wool-Blanket.jpg

Vintage-Wool-Blankets.jpg

Coyuchi-Wool-Blanket.jpg

The above are all made by Coyuchi, a company based out of California specializing in organic textiles. An enlightening quote from the product page for their wool blankets explains:  

"Sheep pastured in the cool mists of Canada produce the dense, cozy wool that's used to weave this blanket." 

Right.

I'm not sure what kind of effect these Californians think the "cool mists of Canada" have on anything, but it has been my experience that they result in nothing other than dampness and a longing to live anywhere but Canada.

West Elm has also paired up with Faribault Woolen Mill Co. and is selling their equally dreamy blankets and pillows.  



Faribault-Wool-Blanket.jpg
via westelm.com

West-Elm-Faribault-Blanket.jpg
via westelm.com

Faribault doesn't offer any whimsical imagery, but they do make some pretty badass military-inspired blankets.

Military-Style-Blanket.jpg

Medic-Style-Wool-Blanket.jpg

I'm so into all of these options and am also in the market for a new bedspread. Alas, these blankets aren't exactly inexpensive but I have found something from IKEA that provides a similar stripe-y aesthetic to the striped blankets above:


The BJORNLOKA bedspread is a bit more within budget, and still provides that simple, minimal, graphic look.

What do you think? I am going to start paying a bit more attention to my bedroom situation and I think this is a great starting point. With Christmas around the corner maybe you too could come into some striped blanket swankiness. 

But only if you're nice. 

bZd 


No comments:

Post a Comment