Sunday 11 August 2013

NEWLY ACQUIRED

As I recently warned you, I was about to come into the possession of some highly desirable items for the apartment. I think I suggested that "you will DIE OF JEALOUSY" but I hope you can fan your eyes over the following few images of a newly acquired vintage teak dining room table long enough for you to enjoy them before perishing. 




... I know right?

Assuming you are still alive, how sweet is this table? When I say it was "acquired", I am referring to the fact that it was given to me by my beautiful, 79-year-old Oma. (Oma = German for grandmother). Oma is moving out of her house of 50 years, which was chockfull of beautiful, pristine condition teak furniture.

A couple later posts will also be dedicated to new things for the apartment. They are all equally awesome!


But this table (and all the other pieces) are so legit. This "MADE IN DENMARK" stamp is stamped branded on the underside of the table, just to secretly declare its Danish legitimacy.  


The table also has slide-out extensions at both ends, and the table's legs aren't even removable. This thing is SOLID. 

You may have noticed I decided to move my Persian Rug from the living room to the dining room. I am still searching for a new living room rug


My Oma also had this vintage plywood chair lying around, which I also grabbed. Apparently it was my Mom's when she was small, and so I had to fight my Mom for possession.

Mommy can't have. 

Stay tuned for a few more pieces on this here blog... if you can survive it. 

bZd



No comments:

Post a Comment