Wednesday 29 January 2014

COLOUR WATCH: DARK GREY

Something I have been really drawn to for the last little while looking at pictures of good design is the use of dark grey. I find this colour acts as an amazing backdrop for the medium-toned woods like walnut and teak that are so popular right now. It also looks really good when accented with big hits of white and, of course, black. 

While I am still considering how to change up my bedroom (with nothing accomplished and ever-increasing procrastination) I can't seem to shake the idea of painting my room this colour - if only just one wall. 

Check it out!
dark-grey-paint.jpg

blue-grey-room.jpg

dark-grey-walls.jpg
(uploaded by me a long time ago, unknown source)

grey-dining-room.jpg

blue-grey-paint.jpg

dark-grey-living-room.jpg

The colour seems surprisingly warm and inviting, given that grey usually connotes a cold and dreary mood. 

What do you think? Would you be brave enough to try it?
bZd




No comments:

Post a Comment