Tuesday 11 June 2013

CURTAINS CONTINUED

So I went to Ikea. 

I bought some curtains.

I hate the colour.

Ikea-Lenda-Curtains.jpg

They are such a wussy, pathetic colour of beige (and no, this photo is not helping). They are not the sandy, warm natural colour I was hoping for.

I went in with the intention of buying AINA curtains, but was underwhelmed by the colour. The LENDA curtains are nearly identical in colour and texture and only half the price, so I figured I would buy the less expensive option of two choices I didn't really like. Amiright?!

The LENDA curtains are meant to be hung with tabs (ew) so I over-rode this by pocket hanging them instead to... less than stellar results. A little smushed looking, no?

I DO love finally having curtains hanging over those god awful shallow shelves, and I think I nailed the right amount of panels to give that luxe feeling of excess fabric... but I'm JUST. NOT. LOVING. THE. COLOUR.

I've been humming and hawing over other budget-friendly (read: cheap) options to get me that warmer, deeper colour and still be able to hang up multiple panels for a fuller look.

AND THEN IT HIT ME!

Burlap-Curtains.jpg

Burlap-Curtain-Entryway.jpg

Contemporary-Burlap-Curtains.jpg
(Pinterest)

BURLAP CURTAINS.

This stuff is cheap, and apparently people do this all the time! The colour is exactly what I'm looking for, and making some simple panels should definitely be DIY-able.

I especially love the look with black curtain rings on a black curtain rod (which I have already installed), so hopefully Ikea will pull through on me this time when I buy a 10-pack of these:
Ikea-Syrlig-Rings.jpg
I think this combo will contribute nicely to the Victorian Industrial thing we've started to get going on in the pad, don't you think?

bZd




No comments:

Post a Comment